Friday, June 26, 2020

A Wicked Magic: A Book Review


This book has all the witchy, spooky vibes. When Dan and Liss become witches, they try to change their lives with magic. But magic has consequences, and a spell gone wrong takes Liss's boyfriend away. The story is set on the northern Pacific coast, and at its core, the book tells the story of friendship. 

I enjoyed learning about the magic, and I particularly liked Alexa, Dan's friend, and her growth through the story. I almost wish the whole book was just about her. I liked the atmospheric setting and the descriptions of magic. But still, this book didn't engage me like I thought it would, and I didn't love the plot with the evil magic guy and kidnappings. But it's witchy and dark and spooky, which lives up to the title.  

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Razorbill and NetGalley, for the review copy!

*Trigger/Content Warnings: f-words, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment