Sunday, September 3, 2023

Foul Heart Huntsman: A Book Review



Thus ends such a clever, unique saga beginning with These Violent Delights all the way through Foul Heart Huntsman. I've come to love all of the characters and their unique journeys, and I absolutely love the 1920s spy world. It will be hard to say goodbye!

This book has many more POVs than Foul Lady Fortune, and it's fun seeing all the different storylines and characters intersect. The plot definitely gets more epic in this book, with higher political stakes and more family drama. I loved seeing characters from These Violent Delights too—the perfect way to wrap everything up. 

The romance with Rosalind and Orion is delightful. I won't say much for sake of spoilers, but Orion has my whole heart. His cinnamon-roll character with his big golden heart perfectly compliments Rosalind's colder exterior. I love their banter and love. 

I did struggle to get through large sections of this book. It felt slow to me, like some of the romantic and plot tension fizzled out. It could have been entirely a reading mood thing, but I wanted to get sucked into it. That just didn't happen. I still enjoyed it though, even if it felt long.

All in all, a fantastic series ender. I will be recommending this series for years to come!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 5
Overall: 4

Thank you, Simon & Schuster and NetGalley, for the arc!
Release Date: September 26, 2023

Trigger/Content Warnings: poisoning, fighting violence and death, mild torture, descriptions of wounds

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment