Tuesday, September 26, 2023

The Hurricane Wars: A Book Review


Ummmmm THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE. It exceeded all my expectations and is definitely going to make it into my top ten favorites this year. 

I went into it knowing it had Reylo (Kylo Ren and Rey from Star Wars) vibes, and the book did not disappoint!! It has true enemies-to-lovers perfection with a cat-and-mouse theme, but without the hate and with all the spectacular banter and stolen looks and touches. I truly was drawn into Talasyn and Alaric and their chemistry from the beginning. And HOLY SMOKES does the book take a delicious turn with my FAVORITE trope!! I won't say what since it could be considered a spoiler, but once I realized where this book was going, I could NOT put it down. Also Alaric is perfection, and I'm claiming him as my new book boyfriend.

This book caught me in a chokehold, and not just from the romance perfection. I really enjoyed the world building and plot, and how these interconnect with Talasyn and Alaric. There's so much I want to know about the world, and I can only imagine how much bigger everything will get in book two. This book does place more of a focus on the romance over plot, so keep that in mind! I think this book will do very well with romantasy lovers, and although the book isn't perfect, I had the BEST time reading. Instantly preordering the UK edition because I can't resist. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Harper Voyager, for the arc!
Release Date: October 3, 2023

Trigger/Content Warnings: war violence and death, parent abandonment, one open door 

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment