Saturday, September 9, 2023

Two Twisted Crowns: A Book Review



I will be shouting about this duology until the end of time. It is the PERFECT spooky fantasy teeming with romance, tense action, lore, and magic. Seriously, if you're looking for a fall fantasy book to put you in the right mood, READ THIS SERIES.

I thought that One Dark Window was a masterpiece, so I had high expectations for this sequel. And it did NOT let me down! I was delighted when I realized Two Twisted Crowns has multiple POVs and that we get even more of Elm's story. I loved him as a side character in ODW, and he absolutely deserves the spotlight in TTC. This book balances his story with Ravyn's perfectly, and I love how their different paths converge.

There's so many more secrets discovered in this book—and so many more adventures and world building details that come to life. I couldn't help but devour it as quickly as I could. Rachel Gillig has such a way with words. The writing is incredibly atmospheric, and I felt so connected to all of the characters. I even cried at the ending. I don't want to leave this story behind!

Do yourself a favor and READ THIS DUOLOGY. I can't wait for Rachel Gillig's next book. She's solidifying herself as a favorite author for me.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Orbit Books, for the arc!
Release Date: October 17, 2023

Trigger/Content Warnings: possession, fighting violence and death, domestic violence, swearing, one and a half open door scenes

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment