Monday, December 18, 2023

Even if it Breaks Your Heart: A Book Review


This book is so heartfelt and deep. There is so much character growth from the two main characters both separately and together. They both have impossible things to overcome, and their journeys are inspiring. 

I also loved the cowboy and rodeo aspects of this romance. I don't think I've read a romance with a rodeo setting before, and I've been missing out! I love going to the rodeo, and it was fun to see rodeos through the characters' perspectives. 

I think so many readers will fall in love with this story and with the characters. I think if I'd read this book in the summer when I was loving rodeos and craving cowboy romances, I would have loved this even more. But I think I'm hitting a stage where YA contemporaries aren't for me. Teens in books annoy me too much. And I found parts of this too slow to keep my attention. But overall, I think it's an impactful, sweet romance.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 4
Overall: 3

Thank you, Wednesday Books, for the arc!
Releases Feb 6, 2024

Trigger/Content Warnings: child terminal illness and death, parent abandonment and neglect, language, one tame fade to black scene

No comments:

Post a Comment