Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Joy of Yarn: A Book Review



Like most knitters or crocheters, I have more yarn than I know what to do with. And it can get overwhelming pretty fast. So I was thrilled when I discovered The Joy of Yarn.

First of all, this book is gorgeous to look at. The pictures of yarn are bright and cheery, and there are some beautifully laid-out patterns at the end. The pages are all simple and well organized, and I like being able to flip back and easily find a section I want to reread.

There are some great tips in this book about destashing your yarn and being more mindful about the yarn you buy. I particularly love the sections on cataloging your yarn using spreadsheets and tips for how to make your stash more beautiful and usable. Marie Greene's tips make sense and are backed by many knitters who have taken organizing courses from her.

Overall, this is a great book for fiber artists who need some organization help, or even for knitters who want some fun stash-busting projects. I'm very glad I came across this book!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Content: 4
Inspiration/Value: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Page Street Publishing, for the review copy!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment