Friday, December 1, 2023

The Christmas Letters: A Book Review


I'm very partial to letter-writing in romances, since that's how my husband and I "met." The letter writing in this book was so cute, especially with it being around Christmas time. And I loved the meet-cute that parallels with it. Tess and Drew are adorable together; they are two cinnamon rolls characters that deserve the world.

I did have a couple reservations about the writing and the story that didn't work for me. Mainly, I felt the dialogue needed to be tighter and more entertaining, and I got impatient with Tess at a couple parts. And, to be honest, it's rare that a novella ever feels complete to me. But all in all, this is a super sweet romance that's great for the Christmas season, and I can see the You've Got Mail plot really connecting with the right people. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Jenny Proctor, for the review copy!

Trigger/Content Warnings: parents' deaths recounted, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here

No comments:

Post a Comment