Saturday, January 28, 2023

A Heart Worth Stealing: A Book Review



What a pleasant surprise! This book combines the best of a regency romance and romantic suspense novel. I loved the mystery plot that brought forced proximity between Ginny and Jack. Their interactions were clever and delightful, and I loved seeing them work together against Ginny's mystery antagonizer. I had a hard time putting the book down because of the charming characters, tense plot, and engaging writing. 

I will say that I was left wanting a bit more, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps I wanted more growth from Ginny and Jack outside of their romance, or perhaps it's because I solved the mystery plot quite early on in the book. However, I still very much enjoyed reading this, and I'd highly recommend to regency romance lovers!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Shadow Mountain, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: thievery, threats, arson, fighting and gun violence, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment