Monday, January 9, 2023

Miss Newbury's List: A Book Review


What a delightful, touching, witty romance. I loved every chapter, every character interaction, literally everything about this book. The concept of Rosalind's list set up the perfect plot; there were lots of opportunities for her to spend time with Charlie, lots of tension, and the pacing was quick enough to continually capture my attention. 

The romance really shines through in this book. Even though Rosalind is engaged to a duke, you can see her journey in figuring out what she really wants, especially as she spends more time with Charlie. He is the perfect rough-and-tough Regency guy with a cute soft spot, and their conversations melted me into a puddle. 

I also loved how this book wasn't super predictable. It went in directions I did not expect, and I was STRESSED at the end. But it has a beautiful ending that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. This is definitely one of my favorite regency romances now. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 5
Overall: 5

Thank you, Shadow Mountain, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: kisses, fighting violence, near drowning

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment