Thursday, January 19, 2023

Flowerheart: A Book Review


Things I loved about Flowerheart:

- The cover is to die for. I love the artistry, the flowers, and the red hair.
- I loved that Clara's magic manifested in flowers, and that she was so in-tune with the flowers' meanings
- Overall a cute, magical read.

Things I didn't love:

- Everything felt underdeveloped: the world building, romance, and especially plot.
- Speaking of plot, it wasn't tense. At all. Even when the stakes were supposed to be high, I was never invested.
- The romance felt like instalove because there wasn't enough development.

This book had potential, but it just didn't deliver for me. I think it would be better as a short story instead.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Harper Teen and NetGalley, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: depression, parent sickness and wounds

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment