Thursday, January 12, 2023

Nightbirds: A Book Review



The cover of this book first drew me in, and then the story. I loved diving into this tense, magical world. Here are a few of my favorite things about this book:

- a growing sisterhood bond
- unique and mysterious magic
- politics that drive the tense plot
- multiple POV
- hints of romance
- a lush and vibrant world with ballrooms, slums, secret places, and jazz
- plot twists
- wonderful writing

There's so much potential for this series! I can't wait to see where the story goes and what happens to all the characters I've come to love. And I hope there's lots more romance in the books to come.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Penguin Teen, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: fighting violence and death, near drowning, recounts of torture, poisoning, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment