Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Spice Road: A Book Review


First of all, WHAT a stunning cover. I could stare at it for hours. Second, this book has the beginnings of a fantastic fantasy trilogy. I can't wait to see where Maiya Ibrahim takes it. 

This book has several elements I love to see in YA fantasy:
- rivals to lovers
- travel plot
- great character growth
- politics in the plot
- adventure and tense action 
- magic and djinni

While the book did have little annoyances in the writing and character reactions, I could easily look over it and appreciate the fast-paced story and its caring, determined characters. I would definitely recommend if you liked We Hunt the Flame and The Stardust Thief

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 4
Plot/Movement: 5
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Delacorte Press and NetGalley, for the review copy!

Trigger/Content Warnings: violence, torture (off page), animal death, kisses

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment