Thursday, January 5, 2023

Well of Eida: A Book Review


This book blew me away. First of all, my jaw literally dropped after reading the first chapter. Right away, I knew this book would hook me and take me on a wild ride. And I was not wrong!!

I loved K.B. Benson's reimagining of the "troll under a bridge" fairytale. This high fantasy was utterly unique, and though it took me some time to grasp the troll world, it was well worth the effort. It's an intricate society, well crafted and provided lots of opportunities for tension. 

Also, the ROMANCE. Loved the enemies-to-lovers/master-slave vibes, and Graeden is the perfect morally-gray guy. I could have done without the love triangle in the second half though. That's basically my only complaint for this book is the guy in the second half and Ari's decisions regarding him. 

I will be recommending this book to literally everyone. It has so many plot twists and has a fast pace. And also, there is a DRAGON. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, K.B. Benson, for the review copy!

Trigger/Content Warnings: fighting violence and death, plague death

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment