Sunday, January 29, 2023

Merritt and Her Childhood Crush: A Book Review


What a cute, fluffy romance! This book has lots of tropes romance readers will love:

- childhood friends to lovers/second chance romance
- single dad
- cute rescue animals
- excellent communication
- double POV
- heated kisses

This book also explores heavier themes like divorce, death of a grandparent, cheating, and finding where you belong. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I will say I still struggle with Emma St. Clair's writing. (This is my third book by St. Clair, and sometimes I could tell when she was writing instead of Jenny Proctor.) Her writing feels silly to me, and it makes her characters seem immature and annoying. But other than that, this is a great romance!

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 4
Character Development: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Jenny Proctor, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: cheating, divorce, teen pregnancy, death of a grandparent, kisses, pregnancy, childbirth (off page)

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment