Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Never Vacation with Your Ex: A Book Review


First of all, PINK COVERS FOR THE WIN. 

Second of all, this book was cute overall. I liked the cute moments between Dean and Kaylee, and there was some great character growth with Kaylee's volleyball and relationship issues. I also loved the beach setting—perfect for January reading.

However, I have some salty opinions. I didn't super love the idea of friends with benefits or how dumb Kaylee could be with refusing to get with Dean again. And both of their parents annoyed me. I felt like they were way too involved, and I just wanted to get back to the teenagers. But hey, at least we had some good parent representation in a YA book. 

I think this may be my last Wibberley & Siegemund-Broka book. I've figured out that they love writing looooong inner monologues, and it drives me crazy. I would like more action, more showing instead of telling. Unless a future book of theirs has great reviews, I think I'll bow out for now. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 3
Plot/Movement: 3
Character Development: 3
Overall: 3

Thank you, Penguin Teen, for the arc!

Trigger/Content Warnings: kissing/make outs

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment