Monday, January 30, 2023

You: The Story: A Book Review



Ruta Sepetys never fails to warm my heart and teach me something new in every book she writes. This writing craft book is no different! The book is split into easily digestible sections with short chapters, section recaps, and brainstorming ideas. She also weaves in funny and heartwarming anecdotes from her exciting life to teach writing principles, which makes this an enjoyable, easy, and fast read. I will say that this book is simplistic, which perfectly appeals to teen writers getting their feet wet in writing. But it's no less heartfelt or important. Ruta Sepetys really inspired me to think about my memories and emotion in creating stories that connect me to other people. 

Writing Aesthetic/Style: 5
Content: 4
Inspiration/Value: 4
Overall: 4

Thank you, Penguin Teen, for the arc!

For more ratings and reviews and to see what I'm currently reading, visit my Goodreads page here!

No comments:

Post a Comment